Tuesday 21 March 2017

I won’t appear before Senate Wednesday – Customs Boss

The Comptroller General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Hameed Ali said he will not appear before the Senate on Wednesday.Ali, who was walked out from the Senate last week for not appearing in uniform, was due to appear again before Senate on Wednesday.

But, according to him,his decision is based on a writ of summons he received Tuesday on a case filed by a lawyer at an Abuja court.Ali while speaking to State House correspondents after a meeting at the Presidential Villa said


The case is in court already. Somebody has sued us. It is subjudice. I have gotten my writ of summons and they said status quo should remain ante which means nothing should move until the court makes a pronouncement.
“A private individual sued all of us, he wants an interpretation of the section that is in contention. I don’t want to talk so that I am not held in contempt of court.”


No comments:

Post a Comment