Tuesday 21 March 2017

Brazilian goalkeeper who had ex-girlfriend murdered and fed to dogs, responds to backlash

Brazilian goalkeeper Bruno Fernandes de Souza who killed his ex and fed her to dogs has reacted to the backlash after he was signed by second-tier Brazilian soccer club Boa Esporte to a two-year contract despite his past. De Souza told The Guardian,

“I made a mistake, a serious one, but mistakes happens in life – I’m not a bad guy,” “People tried to bury my dream because of one mistake, but I asked God for forgiveness, so I’m carrying on with my career, dude.”

Fernandes de Souza ordered the murder of his then girlfriend, Eliza Samudio, who was tortured, beaten and strangled before her body was chopped up and fed to a pack of Rottweilers back in 2010.
He was sentenced to 22 years in jail in 2013 for his part in the crime, but was let out a legal technicality after just six years in prison.

Before he went to jail, Fernandes de Souza was one of the top young Brazilian soccer prospects and there were rumors of him being on the 2014 World Cup team.


No comments:

Post a Comment